Sauteed Trout Stuffed with Garlic


We couldn't resist the whole fresh trout we found at the market! At first we thought we would stuff it and wrap it in aluminum foil then steam it on the grill but we ended up pan frying the suckers!!

First, I stuffed each trout with a whole head of chopped garlic, then seasoned it with salt and pepper on the inside and out. I also added about a tablespoon of butter in each fish. Since they were a bit on the small side (about 8 oz a piece) they did not take long to cook at all. About 3-4 minutes on each side. I used a bit of olive oil and about a tablespoon of butter to saute them. I served it with a brown rice pilaf and sauteed pencil thin asparagus. This was really easy and very satisfying. I ended up using just two pans for all of this, not bad for a boat meal.

Comments