Tomato, Bell Pepper, Shallot, Feta & Cilantro Frittata

Wow, its been a year and a half since I have posted a recipe. Slacker!  I want everyone to know that I want to just share my recipes with my family and friends, I'm not here to lecture you on local organic farm raised put a bird on it kind of blog. Just simple easy recipes that I can create in a very small gallley.

Recipe:

8 eggs
2 tbls. 1/2 & 1/2
Salt
Pepper
1 tbls. Chopped Cilantro
1/2 quartered cherry tomatoes
1/3 cup mixed sliced thin bell peppers
1 small shallot sliced
2-3 oz. Crumbled feta
1 tbls. Butter


Preheat oven to 450. Meanwhile beats eggs with half and half, a few pinches of salt and some ground pepper. Using nonstick saute pan or if you are lucky, a frittata pan and melt the butter. Saute the shallots in the butter until slightly soft and add the peppers for a few minutes, then add the tomatoes. Stir slightly to mix then add the eggs. Slowly take a rubber spatula and move around the edges of the pan to prevent sticking.  Sprinkle in the feta and cilantro and cook for about 6-7 minutes on medium heat until it starts to set around the edges. Place pan into the oven and bake until bubbly, slightly brown and not jiggly. It can rest for 10 minutes. Slice into 6 equal pie pieces and serve with fresh fruit of your choice.

Comments