Duck Confit & Smoked Sausage Gumbo


My first thought is....how am I going to pull off a gumbo with no stock pot? There is a slow cooker so maybe I can make the roux in a pan on the stove and then pour it in the slow cooker........

So I took 2 duck confit legs then seared them in olive oil and then placed them in the slow cooker. Then I took 2 tbls. of butter and melted it in the duck fat, added a bit of flour, whisked it in slowly and made a light blond roux. I then placed all the chopped vegetables into the slow cooker with the duck, then added about 2 cups of chicken broth, about a 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa, a cup of white rice, some Zataran's seasoning and about a cup of Fat Tire beer. I let it simmer in the slow cooker for about 3 hours, you can add more chicken broth if you do not like the consistency.

2 duck confit legs
3/4 lb. smoked sausage
2 cups chicken stock/broth
2 tbls. butter
1 tbl. olive oil
2 tbls. Zataran's seasoning
1 tbl. flour
1 green pepper diced
2 stalks of celery sliced thick
1/2 yellow onion diced
1 c. beer (good beer, not fizzy yellow beer)
1c. white rice

Comments

  1. You AMAZE me. I can't even get jello jigglers right. I'm not kidding!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment