Eggplant Bolognese Lasagne













It's been quite awhile since I have posted a recipe but gosh darn it I have been busy! Getting married, buying a new boat, added family member (Mazie) job promotion, you name it.
Recently Greg and I have been watching our carbs, but I crave pasta, pasta sauce, meatballs....a lot of that has high carbs and most meatballs have bread crumbs in them. Anyway, not to bore you but here is my recipe for Eggplant Bolognese Lasagna:

1 large eggplant sliced 1 inch thick (keep in mind my very small over so this recipe will feed 2 people)
Bolognese Sauce (any sauce you like, I prefer Mario Batali's recipe on the Food Network)
1 pound of pork sausage (yes more sausage)
2 cloves of smashed garlic
salt and pepper
olive oil
dried oregano
1/2 lb. fresh mozzarella or enough to cover each slice of eggplant
grated parmesan

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
Slice the eggplant and season both sides with salt and pepper, then brush with olive oil on both sides, bake for 10-12 minutes then set aside.
I cooked the pork sausage in garlic and dried oregano, a few dashes until cooked then added the sauce that has already been prepared.

Reduce oven temp to 350 degrees.

Once the eggplant is cooked, place slices on one layer in a 8x8 baking dish that has been oiled.
Then layer sauce over top, then add a slice of mozzarella on each slice then top with parmesan. Keep repeating until you use all of the slices of eggplant, layering on top of each other.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and browned on top.




Comments